Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Canada Day

I spent the afternoon in the park with my Beloved and two younger sons, and some of the local group from the Society for Creative Anachronism. We had been asked to show what we do, so four members wore armour and fought each other several times, I was the herald/announcer for a while, and we sat aound and looked cool for four hours. My Beloved took a drop spindle and attracted as much attention as possible while explaining how much work people had to do to create clothing.

I have no photos of the event because of (1) privacy issues, and (2) I suck at action photos.

it was hot and windy, with forest fire smoke blown in from the northern part of the province, but we had a good time.

Beth at Screw Bronze mentioned today that she has received the necklace I sent her. I put 5 belly dance bells on a cord made of crochet cotton, and braided on a lucet. What is a lucet, you ask? Well, here's a photo of mine, with the necklace in progress. I made the lucet from a spare piece of oak, and have made several small projects with it. Lots of fun, and good for surprising wonderful people with small gifts.


Now, it's after midnight and I'm exhausted from the day, so I'll post this to see how it looks.

No comments: